
I'm so excited that the
swiss chard I planted from seed is doing so well. I picked my first little bunch of chard and spinach the other day for my smoothie. It was delicious! My herb are
doing awesome as well. They make green salads and sandwiches so yummy!

Our beautiful (FINALLY) garden! As soon as we got home from MT on May 20
th Mark went right to work
rototilling and fence building. I planted right away since we were on the late side for garden planting and I already had most of the veggies started in pots waiting til we got home. Everything was looking lovely and then in got cold and rained and rained, and rained some more. I ended up with some sort of
itty bitty grub munching away at my poor little
sproutlings from the inside out and killing them off one by one. I tried all sorts of natural concoctions to kill the little buggers off and nothing was working so I resorted to pouring garden safe Seven around the base of each plant and low and behold they died or ran away or morphed into whatever it was they were supposed to be and flew off. All I know is the sun finally came out and my plants stopped dying.
YAY!! Picked our first peas yesterday. We have little baby tomatoes, peppers and
zucchini. All of my herbs are doing great. Have a wine barrel full of strawberries but what little it produces doesn't make it into the house. I'm just so happy that the sun is warm and
shiny and my garden is growing!


I wanted to post a picture of the beautiful hydrangea plant that
Grama Warner started and gave to me. It is so pretty and healthy. The blooms took the longest time to start to turn color and for a while I thought that
Grama had given me a green hydrangea (not even sure if those exist) anyway she assured me that it would turn a pretty color eventually and it did! There were two big clusters of flowers on it but Miss
Maysie was thoughtful enough to pick one of them for me:/ And it didn't last long in a jar of water in the house. Oh well. You can see the beautiful
daphne plant I bought for myself so that my patio could smell like
Grama Varozza's but it didn't bloom this year. Maybe next year:)
No comments:
Post a Comment