




Yay! Another life-long dream realized! We brought our six little Brahma chicks home yesterday. They are so cute! They all have little feathers on their feet except for the two darkest ones, so I'm wondering if those two are even Brahmas, since that's kind of a breed specification. Whatever they are they're cute so we'll keep them. Mark worked really hard to convert the dog kennel into a suitable, predator proof sanctuary for my babies. We should start getting eggs in about six months! Maysie really liked the chicks, she pet them softly with my help and didn't even poke any of their eyes out(eyes are really intriguing lately). Scout on the other hand was deathly afraid of the harmless little critters. You can see his eyes bugging out of his head in the picture where I made him lay with the chick sitting on his back. He was curious but freaked out any time they moved (some bird dog!) I am hopeful that I'll be able to let them out of thier coop when they get big enough. Especially now that I know Scout's too afraid of them to eat them! Ha Ha. No, he'll get used to them just like he got used to the kitten, sometimes I think he's afraid of little animals because he's worried he'll get in trouble if he hurts them. Which is probably a good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment